Man.15 years.
That is a long time.
Did these two have any idea what the next 15 years would hold for them? If I could go back and tell them anything what would it be?
Probably - Just enjoy the ride! Don't take yourselves too seriously, and it is only going to get better.
This is one of my favorite wedding pictures.
15 years. 20 if you count the 5 years we were together before the wedding. More than half my life. And he still can make me smile at the sight of him and make my heart skipping a beat. Just today, I was driving home, and happened to spot him waiting to pull out of the dairy. Just the sight of the truck made me smile. There was no way to stop it. And to see him sitting behind the wheel smiling and waving back at me, made my heart skip a beat. Gushy I know. But hey. Life is good.

My anniversary gift from J. 20 "european" style roses. What ever that means! For the first year we met, every month on the 27th, Jim would give me roses. The number for the number of months we were together. One month - one rose. Two months - two roses. You get the idea. The roses of course have tapered off, as you can expect with kids, mortgages and other necessitites taking front row. But this year, I got 20. One for every year we have known each other.
This is my gift to him. I FINALLY got all of our proofs (except the reception) into an album. It brought tears to his eyes, and he said to me, Is this going to make me cry? I love it. It was a gift to myself as well. I am quite proud of it. I kept the scheme the same throught out. Chatterbox prints and Bazill. Machine stitching, ribbon and lots of Primas throughout as well.
And this is Jim trying hard not to get his picture taken on our anniversary! A lot less hair that the other guy. But I think his heart is bigger, and we are much closer. It is out of focus, but I love this picture. He has an honest to goodness smile, not a posed "cheesy" face.And the best part? He's all mine.
Yup. I am one lucky girl. I drew the long straw. I know we are a rarity. And thank good ness for that. The last 15 years have been far from a cake walk. But I can honestly say, I wouldn't trade them for the world. We both agreed, the last ten have been the best of all. With maturity comes wisdom. Wisdom those two youngins up there only wish they had. Wisdom brings a whole new level of contentment and happiness.
3 comments:
Andi and Jim:
Congratulations on 20 years.........15 of them being married. You two have a good thing! Don't ever forget how important you are to each other! Love you guys!
T
Congratulations on your anniversary. Hope that you all have a great day and the next 15 years are just as blessed.
Wow, Andi,
You grew up to be one AWESOME lady! So glad to be able to peek into the window of your life! Thanks so much for sharing.
Love,
your long time childhood friend,
Sherry
ps - I feel the same way about my husband! Isn't it wonderful? God is GOOD.
Post a Comment