Got to go away this weekend.
Not far.
Just to Allentown to scrap, eat and hang out with my girlfriends. Worked on a super secret project for Jim (and me but it is my gift to him)
Thankfully I have a husband who understands that every now and then, I need to recharge. There is no better way to recharge for me than a weekend spent creating, eating, chatting and eating, with a bit of tequila thrown in for good measure!
What was I looking forward to the most?
Scrapping?
Chocolate?
Nope.
The wonderful bliss of not spending all day telling everyone else in my presence what to do and where to be. Yes - I am human.
Sad huh? (although I did also enjoy lots of chocolate and girly time!)
I think the kids actually love the break from me too. I think apart time is important every now and then, for all of us. Friday nite , they got to go see Ice Age 2, which they deemed an acadamy award nominee. Jim went to ,FINALLY after months of insistence from me, play poker with a friend. He came in 5th place out of 20! Pretty good for a first tournament. He needs to go out and relax more too. He works so hard and spends all his at home time working or spending time with us. It was so nice to see him go enjoy himself. Christopher got to sleep over at a friend's house Saturday nite, and Kaite had a "sleep over" with Zoey, yes - the dog. Meaning, Daddy let her sleep downstairs on the floor with the dog. Daddy lets them do lots of things Mommy wouldn't allow. Yes - the sink was full of dishes when I got home, beds were unmade, and there were clothes all over the place. But like I said - they need a break every now and then too. And guess what? All four of us are still breathing, the earth is still rotating and we will go back to "normal" tomorrow.
They weren't home when I got home. Got lots of hugs and kisses when they came in though!
Thirty seconds later.
Child 1:I'm hungry.
Me:What do you want to eat?
Child 1: Grilled cheese
Child 2: I don't want that.Pizza.
Me: Well I am not making two different things.
Child 1: ::::stomp:::stomp::whine:::: I waaaaaant grilled cheeeese.
Child2: I won't eat that. ::flop on the couch with arms crossed::::::
Me: *sigh* Welcome home mom!
Some things never change. Thank goodness I guess.
About 30 min later everyone was fed and happy (Yes - weighing my battles - I did make two different things) We spent the rest of the evening out side in the wonderful sunshine.....cleaning out flower beds, feeding the pond fish, playing basket ball, and just chillin'.
Yes, the whines get balanced by the joys. I guess that is all any mother can ask for!
I am off to tuck them into bed, and have some quite time with Jim. One of my favorite parts of my day.
Night!
No comments:
Post a Comment