Tuesday, April 04, 2006

My little builder



Well - not so "little" anymore - but the consumate builder nonetheless. I swear this child can build anything from nothing. Every since he could put two blocks together has loved to sit literally for hours and create things. Sometimes from paper plates, plastic knives and duct tape. (you should have seen that one - I believe it was a UFO or frisbee of some sort) Most times from legos and kinex. This project was from the Lego Contraption Book that he earned yesterday. You should have seen his face when I brought it home last week - especially when he found out he coudl earn it. Morning is not the best time for either of them, but Chris inparticular. So I found the right motivation! This child was up and at it first thing every morning for five mornings in a row to get this book. He came straight in from school tonight and went right up to get it. Spent the next hour making this Ping Pong ball popper. It has a crank and rubberband. You turn the handle and it flings a ping pong ball up in the air. Very cool. It even went to school today. 20 years from now will I look back at this entry and say, "yup, I knew it!" - because Chris is an arcitect or building contractor? We'll see!

No comments: