Saturday, April 15, 2006

*sigh*


Today was one of those days that just makes a mom sigh.

Neena and Pappa are here visiting which is always very nice.


Nothing truly earth shattering. Just a little of this and that.

We colored eggs last night and I had to share these pictures. In a rare showing of spontaneous humor, Jim made an egg earring out of one of the kids eggs and the dipper. *chuckle* The other picture is Jim's parent's with the kids.

The kids had their bowling party to end the season. Their team came in first place in our little league. Kaite also got a trophy for highest girls average. Christopher also got one for high boys series (this is compared to their averages). So we came home hauling FOUR trophies! What a high!

Kaite and I went and had Mother-Daughter dance practice this afternoon. We are doing a simple routine to Girls Just Wanna Have Fun. To which most of the girls replied, Cyndi who? The instructer has further dated us mom's with pony steps and the swim. But it really is a lot of fun. Other than the challenge of spending an entire hour trying NOT to look in a floor to ceiling and wall to wall mirror. *hint* Keep your eyes in the instructor. I love that Kaite and I are getting the time to hang out together with tennis and with dance. We chat all the way to and from practice.

Once we got home. We diddled around the yard. Help Neena make some pies. Made some cookies for Easter dinner tomorrow. Mowed the grass. Pulled some weeds.

Christopher spent the better part of the evening, *helping* Daddy make a fire. I think I have to keep an eye on my little "pyro". I must say though he listened to the grown ups VERY well and was very cautious with the paper and fire. We sat and enjoyed the fruit of his labor for quite sometime. No smore though. Mommy used the crackers to make a cheesecake for Daddy yesterday. OOpss.......*note to self..we need graham crackers*

Now we are curled up in front of Chicken Little.

See.
Nothing earth shattering.
Yet.
*sigh*
Not enough people take the time to stop and enjoy the every day.

No comments: