of disconnected thoughts.....
As per my 11 year old as he was "playing with the wind" out the car window yesterday....
"If you could see the wind, it would be a really cloudy planet."
Little man, by the way , has earned via size,(he is 96 lbs now and 60 inches!) the right to now ride shotgun. To say this has thrown a whole new dimension into our errands is an understatement. I can remember my brother and sister and I coming to nearly fist fight over whose turn it was to "ride up front" I am not sure I remember "Calling shotgun" but that is what my two do. Thankfully with only two it makes rotating pretty easy...not the trio effect that being three siblings created for my mom.

It has been unseasonably nice around here the last two weeks..low 80's with no humidity in SE Pa in August is unheard of......I would love to say we are out and about being active in nature, and such but honestly.....we are taking the slow down approach...although still busy...it's tennis busy (which by the way K's camp coach after she was the only one in camp to return one of his *real* serves, asked her why on earth she quit try outs *sigh*)....it is home busy, friends over busy, grilling out busy....school clothes shopping busy. Did I just say that? Yuppers. Hit Kohl's today with a 20% coupon and scored big for K. She just needed a few longer pair of shorts, and some t's for school. Also picked up some jeans while they were on sale, and I had a coupon. For less than $150 , that included two tops for me and two t's for C. Woohooo! Now everyone is set til the weather cools off, hopefully not til October. I am guessing since August has been so cool, Sept will be unseasonably oppressive.
4 days and 12 hours til we depart for Tenn! Woohooo!! Which also means this week will be hectic with packing, tying up loss ends at work, and such....vacation is no vacation for mom,but I will take what I can get!
No comments:
Post a Comment