Makes you think that J is the one that cooks on the grill. Right? No.
C'est moi. He may check the meat now and again, but I grill.
K and I got some alone time yesterday. She had to go for a retest for her biofeedback. It helps us determine which placements are fully trained and which ones still need work. Last test, did away with about half of her placements, so we are hoping for the same results this time. She is really making progress. School is slowly coming along. Also slowing getting past her anxieties, and some bad habits formed with school. I was amazed at how well she sat still for the test this time around. Such a difference from the fidgiting from before. The truth being though that K. hates the tests. They don't hurt, but the woman who does it is curt, and not at all gentle with the leads, and it requires sitting still and focusing on what she is doing for over an hour. But she understands that they are necessary for finishing biofeedback, and goes along. Then I treat her to staying out of school for the rest of the day. We go to lunch and yesterday we hit WalMart (woohoo how exciting- picked up some highlights for her, new shorts and a new book), etc. So as we are leaving WalMart, K - the *difficult* teen that she is sometimes , and really not as often as it seems when all I do is complain about those moments, and all the challenges and stress school provides all of us - she looks at me and says, "yeah mom, I hate those tests , but you know the best part? Getting to hang out with you"
*sigh* S'all good.
So then yesterday we colored her hair . After I talked her out of day-glo red, into a nice cinnamon red highlight. Turned out well actually. But man, that kid has A LOT of hair! So right now I am at the top of the mom rocks list. I am certain I will fall from grace shortly enough, but will enjoy it for now!
1 comment:
Ok - so where is the picture of K's new hair?!?!? I want to see!!!!!
Post a Comment