Pray for me
This weekend is the neighborhood yard sale.
If you recall where my mother's day gift was purchased last year.
I have managed to thwart any familial attempts to want to put our "unwanteds" out for sale.
I just do not care for sitting in a lawn chair next to my folding tables, watching people try not to catch my eye, while they are assessing whether or not 50 cents is too much to pay for some piece of junk I don't want any longer.
But with $$ in their eyes, the kids have decided *this* is the year that we have our own yard sale.
So who I am to squelch an entrepreneurial spirit.
So guess what we will be doing til late into the night Friday night? Pricing. Ugh. Trying to convince an 11 year old that someone may not want to pay $5 for that Yugioh card.
Altho Mommy is a purger. There isn't much to sell. Except K's room...there may be enough in there to pay her college tuition.
I did manage to pick out somethings that have never managed to make it to the walls or shelves here in the new house. I figure if we haven't needed it in 7 years, it can get sold.
So - I told Jim *he* can get up early to go to the diner with them for breakfast most saturday mornings, he can be the one that gets up at 7 am to begin *the watch* -
pray the weather holds, and I am hoping to just make enough cash to lessen the financial burden of a trip to the zoo for Mother's day Sunday!
No comments:
Post a Comment