Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Just stuff

Just a bunch of randomness today. The sun us shining. I am sipping my coffee. Nice cool breeze blowing in the window. Nothing too deep in my head today. Feels nice. This would be an attempt to make homemade playdough. She stuck her hands in way too soon. The flour and I came to the rescue!
I just have to take a second for my own memory - and say just how proud I am of this girl. So many people have commented in the last two weeks about mow much mature and comfortable with herself she seems to be. We had the meeting about her last retest - good and bad - still some work to be done, but thankfully everything that was still *red* on the test, coincides with things we are still seeing, mostly with continues mild anxiety and difficulty with school. her self confidence is improving and she is really start to emit a *vibe* other than "make me disappear" She is just starting to carry herself so differently. She is so much calmer. Taking some getting used to on our parts. That said.....

Can I also gush about this guy for a minute? God bless him. He works so hard for us, at work and home. He has spent every spare minute in the last month, so that the pool deck would be ready for this year. Lord knows we have had our moments, but he can still make my heart skip a beat, and make me look forward to his coming home. Also don't mind watching him work.
This is our new pool buddy this year. C picked him out. They are in the process of naming it. teehee.....Zoey I can not say , was too fond of it. She stayed "poofy" for quite some time and walked around eyeing the penguin for a good thirty minutes.

This kid has also been tireless in helping his daddy. Holding boards, drilling, being *gofer* - so fitting that he and his friend were the first in the pool.

70 degrees in the water. Yet, they were in the pool!

This would be 100% the reason J , the big kid in my house, and the littler kids wanted the deck. Not to sit. Not to make getting in and out easier. But - jumping. #1 on the list. So I think there will be lots of this happening. Maybe my sitting with a book on the deck won't be such a good idea!

So what do two boys do when the water gets a bit too chilly?

Fish in the pool of course! They were pretending to catch each other. Just a small weight on the end of the line.

No comments: