Monday, May 19, 2008

Weekend update

For not having anything on the calander this weekend, it wound up pretty full

This is how the boys spent the weekend. C. caught the first fish on Saturday. He was very excited about that. I had to be a bit curious when I saw the living fish in a bread bag next to the pond later in the day. They were trying to save him (see no one here eats fish, let along fresh fish that was just swimming a few minutes ago) Seems the poor thing made it through the entire day hanging off a chain, but did not survive hook removal and wound up in the freezer anyway. Sunday was a rain out and no fish caught. C. loves these rodeos.



K and I got some girlie time, and she had some girl friend time Friday and Sat night. She has seen more rented movies in the last month than I have seen in the last year. I can remember those lazy nights. We also did manage to get her two bathing suits, one bikini and one tankini - which she didn't resist as much as I thought. She needed something respectful for when she was in public or at someone else's house. Honestly, in and out of the dressing room in no time flat. What I wouldnt' give to be that size again.
Last night, this would be attempts to make home made play do for FCS class without fully reading the directions! Pretty messy and funny. But we did manage to salvage it! But what was sitting on the counter this morning when I came down? Yup. Thankfully her teacher will give her credit if she brings it in next class. We made salt dough and a peanut butter dough. Rather gross. I prefer the salt recipe, even though it requires cooking it.

No comments: