Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Little visitor



Here is our latest visitor, or possibly resident in the pond.

Between those two rocks is a little frog.

I heard an unusual noise yesterday afternoon when I was outside. But it stopped pretty quickly. K. said she had heard it earlier.

Then last night laying in bed, I heard the noise over and over and over again. I told J. " I think we have a frog on the pond." But it wasn't really a croaking noise.

This morning, the boys were outside feeding the fish, came screeching into the house, "There's a frog in the pond, there's a frog in the pond!" Probably freaked the poor thing out! We were all very excited. Still am - this means, first the pond is healthy - other things we did not put there want to live there. And second, another animal to watch.

Jim's response? ::::::::::::::Imagine my best Tony Soprano voice::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

"You want, I should get rid of it?"

Geez, No! God forbid, it may keep us awake for a few minutes every night while it sings. No different then the bevy of birds that awakens me every morning at 5:30 am! So I think I have successfully convinced him we can co-exist with the little dude.

Now - the kids want to name him. Any ideas?

1 comment:

Darlene said...

Kermit! You all should name him Kermit. lol

Now that is my kind of pet, he isnt going to make a mess in the house, you dont have to hire a sitter to watch him when you go out of town and he wont jump up on company.

:)
Darlene