Thursday, June 22, 2006

Finished!



Done done done done!!

It is finished!!

Well - finished enough to swim in it.

Yes - after all that digging, and more digging, and dirt, and rain and waiting, along with a few moments of "what the hell have we gotten ourselves into.....it is up and ready to be used!

I FINALLY pursuaded J. to go in tonight and enjoy the fruits of his labor. He tried, really he did. But he walked around in there for the first half an hour looking for things that need tweeked or finished up yet. But he did even went back in it again tonight after dinner, because it is hot in the house and nice and cool out there. So I think there is hope for him yet! He did have to get out the tools and finish putting the ladder right before he did go in, but he went in! Can't go a day with out touching the tools or freaking my out because he had his cordless drill in the water!

So worth it? So far yes. Are we broke? yup! I asked Jim tonight as we watched the kids splashing around and having a great time - if he thought it was worth it. He said yup and smiled. That is about as excited as he will get. Man - are we ying and yang or what?? Meanwhile, I was busting at the seams to get in there, and immediately started making whirlpools and throwing kids around the pool.

On the pre-teen front - we have a special "friend" - who lent K. his hat at the beach on Monday and she hasn't taken it off since. He even let her keep it when she tried to give it back to him Tuesday. Thankfully - I like him , he is a sweet boy.

We survived the beach day. Although I do feel a bit justified in my fears when I found out the teens were permitted to go about the boardwalk in groups of four, without a chaperone. I believe next time I will be asking more questions. There is only one other mother, the mother of K's new "friend", that felt the same way I did and expressed her concern when we were waiting for the bus to come back. K. also got her class schedule listing for Jr Hi and found out she is on the same "track" as quite a few of her friends. That will help the transition immensely.

Lastly - PSA for today and since I am going to get the "girls" squished tomorrow, this was an appropriate find today.......if you are a woman - go listen to this link. It is about Inflammatory Breast Cancer, and very little known version of breast cancer and it KILLS. Often and quickly. Just be aware.

http://ww3.komotv.com/global/video/popup/pop_player.asp?ClipID1=785456&

Nite!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

okay . . .enough is enough . . first rollie's blog now yours! hopefully kenny will get our pool open while i am at convention next week. yah - like that will happen. i am the one who always does it. maybe he'll at least get the filter out and the cover off. maybe even get some water flowing. then i can clean it - fun!

enjoy the pool . . .it will be a blast!

denise