There were a lot of names tossed around.
The kids suggested, of course, and vetoed anything else,
Mr. Fartsalot
Then a friend suggested to at least title him “sir” -
So – J’s new bloggie name -
“Sir” Fartsalot
Oy.
He suggested Mr. Crabby,I agreed with that, but the kids vetoed that. Family Man, just didn’t stick, and Sir Fartsalot does interestingly enough, fit.
For being such a mild mannered, slip under the radar, don’t make waves kind of guy – does he ever enjoy a good crop dusting in a store, trapping the kids in the car with his gaseous emissions, and prides himself in farting as he gets INTO the car. Why he can not relieve himself before he steps in is beyond me. The most embarrassing is when he sits at the score table on Saturday morning bowling, blatantly, discretely with no pause or attempt to even pretend it is someone else, farts as loud as he can. I can handle any fart joke or gas, but that irritates the heck out of me, as I think THAT is rude. So – I would say the name fits.
So – as I was thinking of what to call the rest of us, if we have given J the royal title of Sir – then I remembered, a thought from wayyyyy back when J and I first started living in sin cohabitating when I was in college. Our first answering machine message. You know the old fashioned machines where you actually had a tape in the machine that you could rewind and tape over, both of you could talk into the speaker. And we were young, and excited to have our first “space”, we of course had to subject anyone who called to an annoyingly dorky “personalize” our message.
I am almost embarrassed to say it now. Here was our first phone message - Both our voices of course…..
“You have reached the humble abode of Sir J---. and Lady A---, we not in the castle right now, so please leave a message after the beep and we will get back to you!”
yes, we were THAT couple.
Fitting that we should decide on a “sir” title for J now! Thanks Marlene!
Oh is that a memory I would rather forget but am so glad I can recall with a smile. Seems like a lifetime ago.
Now – names for the rest of us…and I would rather stay away from Prince and Princess…..we are heading to the Renn. faire most likely this weekend, so maybe something will stick!
1 comment:
Sounds like my kind of man!!! HA HA!
Post a Comment