One guess as to what time of year it is here.
The text - {noted edited for punctuation and proper text as to spare you the agony of translating}
“Do we have a fish tank?”
The groan.
reply - “We have a bowl that is it, why?”
“I won five fish”
Second groan.
reply - “why”
“because I want them”
*sigh*
reply - “Are they beta – they can’t all live in one bowl”
“No goldfish.”
*Double sigh*
Yes, it is carnival time! Which means carnival goldfish!!
Spending the kids well earned money on cheap stuffed toys they just “have to have” and goldfish that have a life span shorter than a fruit fly.
I introduce you to …
btw they are on their second set of names in less than 12 hours…..
Gibbs, Probee, Jethro, D’nozo
{Notice a theme here?}
and Jack Sparrow
{musta run out of names, but she also said he is the only one that is a different color – sort of a light grey color. His name was MJ – aka Micheal Jackson last night - *snicker* you can figure out why}
Of course, because they will never survive in the beta bowl we have, K had to go out today and spend her hard earned money on a tank. I talked her out of the huge one she wanted.
I have basically said I am through with these pets anymore. We have been through the fish, a zillion times, lizards, hamsters, have a guinea pig no one pays attention to, and I take care of “our” dog .
I.will.not.touch.this.tank.
You can almost hear Jack begging for mercy – but he did brandish his knife and dive into the mouth of the dracken, so this should be nothing!
PS – There are some names in the running for J -
Sir Crabbypants, or Mr/Sir Fartsalot
Guess which one the kids are voting for?
2 comments:
a) I'd hazard Sir Fartsalot is going to win out. :)
b) Yeah, sadly carnival fish don't usually live long because they're so horribly stressed from the get-go. (I think it's animal cruelty for them to do this personally).
Ok, so you're not gonna like what I'm gonna say....but here goes. K was right in wanting the bigger tank (assuming you're trying to give them the best shot at life)...a single goldfish needs 2 gallons per square inch of fish.
Also...you cannot throw more than one betta in bowl unless one is male and the other is female, and eventually if they breed, you'd have to rescue the female because the male would tear her to bits, anyway. Male bettas fight. They don't call them Siamese Fighting Fish for nothing. ;)
Just some more useless trivia from the former fish breeder who was over-run with 80 fish tanks in her former "fish room" once upon a time ago. (I helped to supply the local pet store).
Oh, the carnival fish. I'm afraid I might be in the same situation this weekend. Maybe I can talk them into a nice cake from the cake wheel instead.
Post a Comment