Where on where is this summer going?? Does anyone but me feel like it was June 1 yesterday?? Have we been doing too much or not enough?? Only three weeks til our Myrtle Beach vacation. Counting the days already. Although that means the kids are back in school soon after that. Mixed feelings about that. Love being home with them but I do enjoy the routine of school. K. expressed her feelings to me yesterday that she really does not like being home alone when I am at work in the summer. Broke my heart. There is no other option at her age, as we do not live in a place dense with camp options and she refuses go to sleepover camp. I did tell them both whether they liked it or not, they were going next year, and hopefully to Twin Pines with the church. They need to get out more. Too much time together = bickering. They have always gotten along very well, but I am noticing a bit more of the "you're bugging me" bickering going on lately.
So here I thought I would share a bit more silliness. Those balloons the kids discovered they could fill into huge water balloons using the pump jet in the pool. They competed to see who could get one bigger and they actually carried them around, they weighed like 30 lbs! And then one more shot from OC - the infamous flipflops. Boy were we acting like tourists or what!?
Happy summer everyone! Enjoy it while we can!
No comments:
Post a Comment