No pictures with this post. We have been busy - but not taking pictures! I know I know...terrible....but I am joining in, instead of spending all day behind the camera...swimming, biking, hanging out with the kids, working and stressing about them being here when I am not. Still a BIG step for mom. Tried to get to the drive in with them, but it was sold out. Went mini golfing instead.
...snatched this quote off of another blog I read. I thought it was a great reminder for many of us.
Robert Louis Stevenson ~ "The best things in life are nearest: breath in your nostrils, light in your eyes, flowers at your feet, duties at your hand, the path of right just before you. Then do not grasp at the stars, but do life's plain, common work as it comes, certain that daily duties and daily bread are the sweetest things in life."
Not that I want everyone to think that I don't think reaching for the stars and setting lofty goals is not a noble pursuit. The point I always try to make is that often time, so many of us are so hung up on the "big" things in life, and reaching for the next big thing, that we forget that there is so much joy and beauty in the every day things that we do. Some of my most peaceful moments, are when I am toiling in the yard, tending the flowers, doing the "chores" the pond requires. Simple mundane every day things. But there is joy and peace there to. I think I have said before, if you had asked me even ten years ago, and certainly 15 years ago, if I ever wanted nothing more than to be a stay at home mom (which I manage parttime), and enjoy cooking and cleaning, I would have laughed in your face! Then, I couldn't possibly know the pleasure I would find in caring for my home and family. We can find pleasure in the every day if we let it in. Happiness is often an attitude. An attitude of gratitiude can make a world of difference.
Happy day!
No comments:
Post a Comment