Wednesday, July 04, 2007

Ah summer





John Lubbock~Rest is not idleness, and to lie sometimes on the grass under trees on a summer's day, listening to the murmur of the water, or watching the clouds float across the sky, is by no means a waste of time.
I worked late on Monday. Stressing about trying to be home as much as possible, worrying about the kids being here. Just feeling very heavy.


As I walked in the kitchen, I heard the sounds coming from the pool. It made me stop and just listen. The sounds of pure laughter and joy. Squeals and giggling. Splashing and dunking. Made me smile, and made my long day seem not so long. Things are ok. Even if I don't feel like they are.

I am so glad we put the pool in last year.

And I am also so glad that I saw my hubby doing this. Which would be "nothing". Very unusual for him. I try to keep telling him that working next to the kids while they are having fun is not "quality" time with them. Too cold for him to be in the pool, but at least he was sitting watching them have fun. Not idle at all. Enjoying. Taking a break. Relaxing.

It's all good.

No comments: