Can I just say - My kids ROCK!
This morning at tennis lessons, not only did the instructor compliment me on how nice, well behaved and helpful my children are, but also our chiropractor and his wife that are in the class with us backed her up. They may drive me crazy here at home, but I know that they are always sweet and respectful to other adults, and they LOVE to help. The instructor offered that Kaite could join the adult class. It is smaller and get this - SHE IS GOOD ENOUGH. Christina said that Kaite and I make a good pair to play each other. I teasingly said, "oh yeah - you mean I play at an 11 year old level?" No, Kaite is as good enough to keep up with the adults! But of course! Christina said she has natural hand eye coordination and upper body strength. This is the first thing that Kaite has been truly passionate about it. So I am so happy that she is doing so well!!
Then - off we were to a bowling tournament this afternoon. Somewhere in Bethlehem in some underground bowling alley! Reminded me of prohibition, having to knock on the door and know the password, but once we were inside, it was a nice computerized alley. Kaite had a bit of an anxiety attack when we got there. She often does this in new situations. But we talked through it, she stayed and wound up doing so well!! Did I say - My kids ROCK! They both bowled extremely well. Kaite bowled two games over 125 (which is nearly 50 pins over average), and Chris doubled his average all three games. I have seen them grow so much since we started this in the fall. It is something they enjoy. They only really compete against themselves. It is perfect for them because they do not have to "keep up" and follow the action of a fast paced game. Their self-esteem has really improved. It is rather nostalgic for me. I spend many many many saturday afternoons in bowling league with my grandparents. Or Friday nites at the alleys while they bowled. We had so much fun! I was so glad when the kids wanted to try it, and are actually enjoying it too! We have decided to join the summer "family league" at Limerick Bowl. Both of them, and I will be a team. I think it is going to be great family time. Man, I am taking tennis lessons and am now going to have a bowling night! Man - am I getting a real life??
I couldnt' take pictures today because of the foul lights. But here are some pictures of us bowling last summer....Blogger is being a "bugger" with the pictures right now. I will try to add them later. Update Sunday - I STILL CANT POST THE PICTURES! Argh!
No comments:
Post a Comment