Monday, March 27, 2006

Lotsa thoughts today



I found out about Max Lucado's new book - Cure for the Common Life, Living in your sweet spot - last week at tennis. (Don't you just want to read a book that has two cozy sleeping labs on the cover? Don't we all want to feel that content?) Today, one of my dear friends ( Hi Maria!) told me she was reading her copy, and was thinking of me. She was thinking that I am already there! That really threw me. I know over the past year, I have been trying very hard to find a peaceful place in my life. Find my place to be happy and content, and balance it with what my family and job demand of me. I know I have felt a big difference in myself, but it really meant a lot to me that someone else noticed. There are still way too many days that I feel stressed and tense, but I am finding it easier and easier to focus and settle down on those days. Being an "out there" Christian is sometimes difficult for me. Let's just say testimony is not my strong suit. I have always said, that I try to live my life so that someone that meets me and know me will say there is 'something' different about me, and maybe that will give me the opportunity to share why. It meant a lot to me that someone noticed something. Wow. Sometimes I think wives and mothers spend a lot of their days feeling like shadows, always there but never really noticed. Not that our families do it intentionally, but moms and wives are often taken for granted. Don't we all just want someone to pay attention? Every now and then when someone says something that makes you realize that they were actually seeing you, it throws us for a loop. The most important part was that she took the time to tell me. Friends are amazing. I think this thought has gone way off of where I started!

I am looking forward to starting this book tonight and I am sure I will be sharing more about it here.

I also wanted to thank you all that have commented on enjoying the blog and my thoughts. I really write for me, and to share with family.(Hi Neena!) I have tried over and over again to hand journal, and usually turn it into a dumping ground for all things negative. Speaking to a third person, makes me think and write differently. I am having quite a bit of fun with it, and am glad to have the chance to share. It is also great to do things, like finally get my african violet story in print, and out of my head. Something I never would have done if it wasn't for the blog.

No comments: