Yes, I am going to blog about laundry.
Don't you all wish I would lose my words again!
Cause to me it's about more than just hanging the laundry.
I wish I could tell you I do it to save the planet, and I
gently pray over each family member as I hang their things...but....
Um, yeah, a little, but not the main reason....
It dawned on my as I was hanging things this morning.
I always assumed I enjoy hanging the laundry so much
because some days it is my only quiet alone time.
No one follows me out there but the dog, and
she lazes in the sun and watches, and waits for me to finish,
so she can quietly follow me back inside.
I relish the birds singing while I am out there,
the sun on my back,
I enjoy just being with my thoughts, breathing
in the fresh air and slow pace I usually take in hanging.
A. A. Milne~~"One of the advantages of being disorderly
is that one is constantly making exciting discoveries."
But as I hung everything this morning, and thought of everyone that
teases me because I hang each family members clothes
on a different line, and preferably from top to bottom in the
order that I would fold.....
I think I relish and crave the order I create on the line.
God has blessed me with three of the most precious people I know
in my life, but also three people with ADD, thus chaos can reign in my house.
And yes, it has led us on some interesting paths.If my children were less needy, and didn't require more entertainment and stimulation than average children, would
we explore as much as we have? Would I have struggled as much to find interesting things for us to do? Most likely not.
Richard Garriott:Chaos and Order are not enemies, only opposites.
But I also spend the better part of my days, ordering, scheduling, tidying,
keeping track and just putting some order to our home and days.
God made me a type A.
I crave order.
Tidiness.
Structure.
So I think we balance each other well.
I think my need to be the organizer in our lives in the last 15 years
has emphasized my type A personality even more. I often have to reign myself in,
and stop myself from ordering everything outside the house too!
My friends are very patient with me.
Anyone that has ever said to me, why not just let 'the kids and J' take care of it,
or 'why must you be there' - don't get it.
There are just some things that have to be done. Appointments, assignment books need checked, plans need to be made....
and if I didn't, no one would.
Then there is the opposite, when J does get his mind on something,
he can be a relentless planner, to the extreme.
I have learned that unmade beds, don't burn down the house.
I don't rescue the kids every time they forget something at home.
A little clutter never hurt anyone...
but I also now I seek out and find order where I can.
In my spaces.
In my world.
And that is the best I can do.
It has taken me a lot of years to figure it out, and learn what I needed to stay sane.
So my "therapy", shall we say can come in something as simple as hanging the laundry.
1 comment:
Want more therapy? Come do MY laundry. (heehee)
I wish I could say I miss hanging the laundry out (we can't because of stupid HOA rules)....BUT.....the only thing I miss is the smell of clean laundry that's been hung out to dry. (Don't miss the extra work of ironing the wrinkles out, or finding bugs in my clothes! AACK!)
Happy weekend! Happy Easter!
Post a Comment