Friday, April 30, 2010

So – what has been going on ‘round here…..

First of all,

I am totally in love with my new camera…

I would married it if I could.

It has led to a lot of

practice

DSC_0001 (2)

Practice

DSC_0010 (2)

 

Way too much light…..but….

This is what greets me every day when I come home…..

and more practice…..

DSC_0021 (2)

I stopped the water, I stopped the water!!!

DSC_0012 (2)

I can almost smell these…..

DSC_0025 (2)

And there is a little I Spy going on here…can you see it?

One of the frogs from the pond. I believe this is Fred the Bull frog…

How such a deep sound comes from that little thing I will never know…

DSC_0039

Oh look it is actually a real picture of me!! What do you now!?

Then, there has been some avian action ‘round here.

I am turning into the crazy bird lady.

I keep trying to get pictures of them at the feeder.

Got a book at the library to identify them,

and get excited when I find one I didn’t know like a

fox sparrow, that refused to be photographed, but

is a really cool bronze color.

anyway….

we’ll just change the subject on  how this could really be

showing my age, and domesticity that I refuse to acknowledge….

we’ll just move on….

Appreciate the effort of this awesome falcon in helping us with our pesky blackbird population….

DSC_0124

And this guy is back looking for a meal….

I caught him today just landing…

talk about a freaky sight.

They are huge up close, and

teradactyl-esque, and have the wing span of a 747 when you scare them and they take off over your head!

DSC_0140

Oopss..spotted me…..

DSC_0141

Then I sent my great defender out after it….

she actually did a pretty good job, and I was

too busy ducking to click a picture!!

Then he had the audacity to saunter back across the yard,

yes, walk, a few minutes later…

two seconds after I snapped this,

Zoey was sent out…..

he did not return!

Notice when they are ugly and I don’t like them they are male?

Teehee….cute ones creatures are girls.

I think there may be a bias there??

Profiling of the animal world??


DSC_0142

Sorry dude, as awesome as I think you are,

I can not let you eat my fishies!

Yes,

Fishies too.

I think I am getting a bit looney.

Then, there is this creature that was more than happy Thursday night to be allowed to ride the tractor for the first time….

DSC_0126 DSC_0127 DSC_0128

and yes, the hair the hair the hair…..

I can remember K’s being just as unruly at that age…..

Only she is a girl. she can put a ponytail in…..

This boy is just all hair……

And of course, as always…..

DSC_0017 (2)

There is always a bit of this going on around here!

3 comments:

Country Girl said...

Hi, Andi. I love the sight that greets you when you come home.
And the blue heron.

My son used to be all hair. Now he clips it so short I can't stand it, but I say nothing. It's his hair and his life so I let it go. Plus it's altogether not too bad-looking. Some people think they can hide behind their hair when it's long like this, which of course you really cannot do, but it is what it is.

Marlene said...

There's nothing wrong with being LOONEY! :)

Looks like you're having fun with your camera! Enjoy!

Angi said...

I remember sitting at the back window at Aunt Dodie's house watching the birds and trying to find them in the books. Ain't going to say how many years ago that was!
Ang