24 years ago ….
today…..
I met this guy…..
19 years ago today….
I married this guy…….
And what I ride it has been.
24 years ago,
I said yes, to a boy
with a mullet, dressed in parachute pants,
with a chain wallet
who asked me to dance.
Sat in his blue-ish faded Datsun pick up,
with the tailgate covered with bumper stickers,
listening to his 8-track (even though we were firmly engrained in the cassette decade).
Secretly followed him and his friends to McDonald’s,
(cause that is where everyone went after the dance)
to sit and eat french fries, drink a milk shake and
secretly watch him all the while,
sighing.
He’ll tell you he remembers,
I was wearing a denim mini skirt
(I am pretty sure it was acid wash denim considering it was the 80’s)
and he remembers kissing me in the truck.
I often tell him he is lucky I wasn’t a material girl.
Or was I just blinded by love?
All I know is I couldn’t wait for him to call.
And you know what?
I still get that same flutter in my stomach
when I see him unexpectedly,
drive by,
or when he comes home early.
Imagine that.
Could that 17 year old girl ever have imagined
that all these years later,
she would still have those butterflies?
Nope.
But she sure is grateful she does.
Here’s to butterflies still in 19 more years!
Love you Honey!
1 comment:
How sweet!! Happy Anniversary!!!
Post a Comment