I will let you absorb this picture for a minute.
When I came across it searching for something
over the weekend, I literally drew a sharp breath.
wow.

This was this past weekend.
PS this is one of my bff's Kim
and only we know what is so funny!
I do not remember looking like that first picture.
Barely over a year ago.
I try to remember.
I can't remember seeing that person in the mirror.
I do distinctly remember I had just embarked on
my weight-loss journey about two weeks prior to that weekend.
My goal was to just get through the weekend
eating as healthy as I could.
I do, however, remember how I felt.
And I can tell you, it wasn't good.
That smile does not reach my eyes at all.
I probably don't remember looking like that
because I spent a lot of time avoiding looking at myself,
and if I did it was only from the chest up in the bathroom mirror.
I was tired.
Headache-y all the time.
I did not feel good - inside or out.
Notice the smile in the second picture?
Different huh?
I've lost 60 lbs and gained so much more.
Until I saw that first picture again I did not realize
how much my insides were hurting then.
I do not plan to ever feel that way again.
If nothing else confirms it,
it will be the difference in these two pictures.
I know I will not be perfect.
As a matter of fact, I threw every thought
of healthy eating out the window over this past weekend.
Does it mean I will suddenly give it all up and go back?
No.
I am back on the wagon first thing tomorrow.
That you can bet on.
I plan on being girl #2 for a long long time.
4 comments:
LOVE CHICKIE!!! You know how proud I am of you!!! xoxoxoxo Kim
Hmmmm should say LOVE IT CHICKIE!
You look fantastic.
It's great that you don't remember looking "heavier" now.
They told us in WW years ago, that we often think of ourselves as "the heavy version" for sometimes as long as a year after we've lost all our weight.
I look back at some of my pics from when I was about 35 pounds heavier, and I think....yikes.
I can't get over the smile reaching your eyes in the 2nd picture. You're so vibrant, and ALIVE!! Love it!! You should post both of them somewhere, side by side, to remind you how far you've come!! Congratulations on all of your hard work!
Post a Comment