Tuesday, April 21, 2009

*sigh*

The littel witch broke his heart.
Yesterday.
The worst part for me.
I wasn't here to comfort him.
I had a meeting at work, that kept me later than I expected.
I was not here as usual after school yesterday.
I am nearly ALWAYS here, yet this day when I was needed I wasn't here. It tears me up.
Daddy had to comfort. And dare I say, I think he did ok.
Well actually - K was first. She, from the story J told me, found C in his room crying.
The kid does not bring us his emotions like K does. It can be frustrating at times.
Apparently, she then came downstairs and let J know that C needed a hug and was having a bad day. J said he went up talked to him a bit, but would not tell me one word he said, and then they hung out a bit together playing video games and such. in his male wisdom, J says, "That is all he needed" - hrumph.....
I was only home 30 minutes before I had to leave again.
When C entered the room I simply said, hi, and asked how his day was. He just smiled, said "ok" and let it at that.
It was KILLING me not to ask him more. But I let it ride.
When I came home after bed time, all seemed well.
I told him this morning at breakfast that Daddy told me what happened, and asked if he was ok or wanted to talk about it. He, of course, said he was fine, and no he didn't need to talk about it. He was going to ask her today why. So maybe I will have my chance to comfort today. I don't know.
I know I can not be here for everything as much as I try.
I know I will not be able to keep either of them from being hurt.
I know I will not be able to smooth over every pain.

But gosh darn it I can try my best!
It hurts me when I can't.

1 comment:

Heather said...

Awwww - that brought tears to my eyes. I think watching our kids go through crushes is going to be harder than doing it ourselves.