Friday, April 17, 2009

This may scar him....


If he ever finds out. Or when he reads this in ten years.....
I can't help it.
I have to post it.
Found this in C's room today when I was making up his bed.....I don't snoop, but have told the kids if something is out and about when I am cleaning up, you can bet I am going to open it.
A note. To a girl.

Dear A~~~~,
you are very nice and you fill my heart with joy. You make me feel so good. I am so happy around you I can' t even come close to explaining my feelings for you.
Love you,
C~~~~


ACK!
My son is a lover not a fighter, that is for sure. But he is only 12!!
I will say my reaction to this was far different than the first time I found a note K intended for a boy. My reaction to C's was "awwww....how sweet..." - My reaction to K's was "aw, maaaan. Here we go." But in my defense, there was a whole different tone to her's, maybe that is why it bothered me more. Her's were not gushy, sweet like this one.

The difference in my reactions worries me though.
Not sure why.
All I can do is go with it.
It was funny on the field trip two weeks ago, I was amazed at the difference in the boys. We pretty much stayed together as a group, and I was surprised to hear the boys constant concern about where this girl or that girl was. That seemed all their concern for the day. The girls.
Oy.
Can I handle another teenager in the house?

1 comment:

Marlene said...

In my own humble experiences, you tend to go easier on the second child than you did the first. :) I know it was that way with me & my sister, as well (I, being the older sibling, "paved the way" for her.)