Friday, February 27, 2009

Yes, as a matter of fact



I am nuts.
That has been proven more than once!
This is the newest member of the Fishlock household.
Blaze.
Blaze Fred Fishlock as the kids have christened him.
He was already named as we adopted him. But of course my two had to add their own twist.



A friend on one of my scrapping boards had posted that she had adopted this little guy to keep her guinea pig company, but they did not get along. So keeping two seperate cages etc...she decided to look for a new home for him. C. saw the picture, has never really had a pet of his own. (K has been through hamster - and I believe it was her 12th birthday that she got the hamster, and fish, and really the dog is mostly *hers* except that I take care of her), and really really wanted him. So I caved.

I personally love guinea pigs, much more than squirmy hyper hamster and jumpy rabbits. Pigs are so social, and larger and easier for the kids to handle. You can hand feed them, and they *chirp* when they are happy. I also don't mind *helping* the kids take care of them.


We are presently in the honeymoon phase...so he is getting lots of attention. C. is over the moon for him...as you can see he customized his home with his name and hand drawn picture. He was up 45 min early today to come down and check on him, feed him - I came down there was a trail of lettuce pieces from his *house* to his food bowl, C says, in case he doesn't know where we put it. :)

So, it's all good. My heart just explodes when I see how happy C is, and how much he wants to take care of Blaze. Something he will always remember, and that makes me happy.

1 comment:

Cathy said...

Oh - I love guinea pigs! I had one for a few years when I was in high school - they really are so fun and friendly... what a sweet addition to your family!