Wednesday, July 09, 2008

Do not adjust your screen

It is the same kid. I swear there was half a pound of hair on the floor when the stylist was finished. She was literally wading through it. I also could not believe how dark it looked on the floor. So hard to believe the kid was billard ball bald when he was born and had the blondest blonde hair ever as a toddler.
He decided - TOTALLY on his own - that the long hair was just too annoying and he was not willing to care for it the way it needed cared for - ie, he actually had to wet it to brush it in the morning. I can remember having the same arguements with K at the same age -
"If you want it long, you have to take care of it"
"Stop whining when I brush it"
"where's your detangling spray?"
"no you can't brush it dry, you have to wet it" -
lest we have a house full aof Albert Einsteins running around looking as if they are touching the static ball at the Franklin Institute!

I know there are a few grown women who will miss being able to play with that hair. But I personally prefer the face.

So he says, "just for the summer" but is already off the wall about being able to gel it and spike it again. See how long that novelty lasts!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

i'm going to miss it...but boy is he still a cutie!!!
aunt naynay

Heather said...

I LOVE his shorter hair. He is so handsome. Watch out for those middle school girls!

Anonymous said...

I love it!!!! I heard all about it from the hair dresser when she was cutting my hair. I love that face!! Those cheeks!!!! My critter!
Aunt Gi

Just Me said...

Wow - he is so grown-up!!!!

Oh Andi.....I fear you've got a little heartbreaker on your hands, there. Watch out girls!