Thursday, April 10, 2008

Ode to 13


I am commiting blogger sin - a post with no photo.....I am sure I could find a recent one of K. but while on one hand she tells me she wants to go to ModelSearch and model - she refuses to be photographed without a silly expression on her face. ed- changed my mind - added this one - mostly for family's benefit. ::smile:: This is K. the sassy teenager nearly 12 years ago. So glad I scrapped it yesterday.


Like the title says, ode to being 13.


To knowing it all. (If I hear, "nu-uh" one more time when I try to say something, I may just scream!) Oh to be 13 again and know it all.

To being able to fly off the handle at a moments notice - and luckily having parent's with enough restraint not to grab her and shake her to death!

And to be able to calm down a few moments later, apologize and act silly.

To nothing being more important than your friends and the kind of cell phone you have. But lucky enough to have parent's who do remind you of what is important and how important some things will be in a few years.


As frustrated as I get with that girl. She is my girl. Our light. Our chatter-box. Our busy bee.


And I open my phone this morning - after a particular difficult week this week with *attitude*- to find my background screen is a silly grining photo of her she obviously took herself last night, and a new banner that says I < 3 Jim (that's a heart in cell language)

That is my girl.

1 comment:

Heather said...

Awwwwwwwwww! Love the photo, and your sweet stories of K. I know you do a lot of venting on your blog, but I love the way they usually end up positive with some adorable story about your beautiful children. So real!