Took her to the vet today for her regular shots and check up.
Can I just say this dog LOVES that place. They love her. She is a gem on the table. Kisses the vet. And thinks it is some sort of playground! She of course was lavished with tons of "arent' you a good dog?" and "What a terrific dog she is" - we couldn't agree more.
I pointed out to the vet that she has been favoring her leg if she runs a lot, but seems better with some rest etc, and I held my breath waiting for her to tell me she had a bad hip. Well - turns out it is most likely her knee. Her ACL - wow. I know human ACL's....dog ACL's not so much,a nd they don't make little doggie braces like Randal Cunningham wears....so far she thinks it is only micro tears and maybe some joint arthritis from the injury. We figured out that most likely the injury has occured because one of Zoey's most favorite things to do is fetch sticks and balls - but at extrememly high speeds, and turning on a doggie dime when she gets to said fetching implement. Just like football players twisting, and tearing their ACL's , Zoey is twisting and injuring her knee. That is how fast and strong she is. Only thing is - the vet's recommendation - no more chasing and turning. What? No more? Not even cut back,let her rest? no more? Do you know how sad it was when she stood in front of me this morning, with her stick in her mouth, rear in the air in "get me mode" and I had to say no. But the up side is that saying no will lead to a longer happier healthier time for her. Hopefully with lots of rest and limiting the activity the limp will be less and less.
And it seems I am aging as fast as the dog. I seem to have approached as I push 40 the time in my life of pulling grey hairs. Yes, I said it, grey hairs. I admit it. It is out there. I have a few grey hairs. I have a *patch* coming in on my right temple, and few sprinkled in my part. I always thought I would never be the type to pluck. Ha! Those babies were outta there faster than you can say, Clairol. So it is also back to the salon for my spring highlights. I was trying to put it off...but I am having a hard enough time with fat and forty I don't need to add grey to it!
SO I color - Zoey limps - quite a pair we make!
PS - Report card day today. Holding our breath. Trying not to be tense but it is tough. Kaite is counting on it so much and is trying to be positive but I can tell she is worried. She is trying so hard.
3 comments:
Not all that far from Bill in NC.
sorry to hear about Zoe. My BIL's dog has a torn ACL. He's a springer. The problem is that if you don't play with the dog, catch and such, she does it witout you or makes you life hell until you do.
Good Luck!
Miss you!
Peggy
Not to one up you, but Ginger has a torn ACL. It is probably going ot require surgery, she has a appointment on 21st. Our vet said it is his most common surgery , even above setting bones. Huh? all the dogs we've had since we were kids, you would think we would know this, but I guess these are our most active 2.
Post a Comment