The other night I was yet again not feeling up to snuff, and was just chilling in the chair. After a creative day on Saturday I had th eurge to get out my Big Picture Scrapbooking book, again, and look through it. The philosophy of this book is just incredible (I just realized how much I use that word. Note to self - get a thesarus). She reminds me that while my scrapbooking is an outlet for my artistic self, and I enjoy the process of creating, it really is about the memories. Sometimes I get so hung up on my type A self that has to work chronological and make sure every picture gets in the book. This reminds me of this - "It's not about scrapbooking all teh pictures - you see , you could scrapbook all your pictures, and NOT scrapbook your most important memories...."
But that my friends is not the quote that I brought with me today! Oy. I do get off track. Each time I reread this book I find something I missed. This is the quote that struck me Sunday....
Respect your fellow human beings, treat them fairly, disagree honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it. - Bill Bradley
I don't know why it has stuck with me since sunday but now it is out, and shared here.
I promise to take some pictures of the kids in the next few days and get back to the real blogging.......how on earth do these posts always get so long? I honestly do not intend to start that way!
No comments:
Post a Comment