Friday, January 26, 2007

He did it again



He did it again.

He melted my heart with one simple action.

Got this email from him last night. (Now mind you the kid never checks his email. This was his reply to an "I love you" email I sent him nearly a year ago) This was printed really really big.....

xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo
xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo
xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo
xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo
I Love U
From,
c -edited by mom for privacy
P.S.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxooooooooooooooo

Damn. I love my kids.

PS This is a picture of him at Christmas with his test tube kit. He made fake snow, different colored gels and I can't remember what else. My little scientist. If he isn't building something he is doing an "experiment" somewhere.

I know there are days that go by that I don't tell them I love them enough, and definitely do not show them I love them enough, especially now that K. is older and really not into cuddling anymore. There are days that go by that I know I don't deserve them, or cherish them as much as I should. I try real hard to do the small things - such as be up with K. in the morning before school to say goodbye, I love you, and get her breakfast ready. She always tells me that daddy is up with her, it is ok if I didn't get up. Daddy leaves about 10 minutes before she needs to go out. I explain to her that I need to see her in the morning, say goodbye, I love you, remember your this or that today. From the time they have been small, and definitely from the time they have gotten on that school bus I do not feel right if I do not see them go out. Well yesterday there was a bomb threat at school. She calls me on my cell phone to tell me that they were sitting on the buses and would be home early. She must have told ME three times not to be scared. All the while I was choking back tears knowing that she was probably wanting to freak out. When she got home she did admit to about 15 min of a panic attack when they first made the announcement. When she got home, I gave her a big hug and told her, "see, this is why mommy has to see you every morning"...she didnt' understand how that would have affected the bomb scare. I told her I can't change or protect her in her day away from home, but at least I know when she walked out this morning, she knew I loved her enough to get out of bed to say so, and give her a hug before she goes. All she said was "oh". Hopefully, I pray , even when I do not "show my love out loud" with my kids, they do understand my small messages. Resolution #3 though is to "Love Outloud" a lot more often. So love your kids, or family out loud today.

No comments: