


And we were there!
Boyertown Tradition.
Calvalcade of Bands.
Boyertown Senior High once again proved why they are the gold standard for field performance marching bands. They ROCKED. They are just so "crisp" - is the only word that comes to mind. At one point in the show - bucked all tradition, removed their hats, sporting rainbow colored "do rags" and SANG! It really was awesome to see.
K. is in the bandfront. Flag, or "silks" as they are now. And, far to many years than I care to remember ago - so was I! Same field, same stadium. Some of the best fun I had in school. I am so proud of her. She enjoyed herself and did very well. I got so teared up dropping her off at the band room, watching her run up to one of the other colorguard, clasp hands, giggle and jump up and down. The experiences are going to be so good for her. If I was a wonderful blogger - I would have dug up an old picture of me in my uniform. But I am not that good. I'll find one, soon, promise. I tried to explain to the girls that we did not get to wear such nice unforms. I am talking Fred Flintstone Buffalo Lodge hats. They were not convinced. So I must dig up the photos. K. was of course totally THRILLED to be wearing sequins. She was wishing she could wear it to school. The girl has never been afraid to stand out.
As I said before when I watched her practicing. It was a very serendipity experience to see her doing what I did, on the same field in the same calvalcade. The coolest part is that it was totally her choice. I feel so blessed to be raising my kids were I was raised. I know we tease about the boondocks, and lack of civilization - but this area is a great area for raising our kids. Now I am the "parent in the stand" - I will however resist the urge to buy mom jeans, and a hoodie.
No comments:
Post a Comment