Thursday, August 03, 2006

Funk-y

Not in the "Hey that's cool" way

Not in the "Man did you not take a shower?" way

Funk-y.

As in - in a funk.

Where I have been for a few days and really bad today.

I was officially diagnosed with clinical depression 8 years ago after having C. and my mom died. This is the part where most people go - No! You!? Was on meds for a few years. But through herbals, some "weeding" of the some of the negative influences in my world, scrapbooking, and trying very hard to surround myself with things that I love and that make me happy, things have been manageable. I also have the blessing of being able to work part-time and decrease some of that stress. Most days, I can deal pretty well, and do very well.

Then I get hit with periods like the last few days. Days that I need to talk myself out of bed. I am always the cheerful positive one. I hate when I feel mopey and sad. The social butterfly in me, is grounded today. Guess I am human after all. Imagine that.

So - I am hoping some time with my kiddos and hubby this weekend will help. Going to do some creating with the kids tomorrow. That usually helps. Scrapbooking has been a saving grace for me. Maybe I should prescribe some time alone at my scrap table.

My challenge for you today - cheer me up!! Post something funny!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

If I may quote the infamous Larry the Cable Guy-he says he was in a Bass Pro Shop with his grandmother when she got arrested for shoplifting. Seems earlier in the day she ate a corn dog, then they went to BPS and she was busted for shoplifting a (wait for it...) DUCK CALL and a can of STINK BAIT...and there weren't even any pockets in the nightgown she was wearing...cheer up tootsie:)

Phatti <3

Anonymous said...

Andi,

You need to do a count down to vacation or something. Each day has to be another way to prepare..................come on you're creative. Smile girl, and everyone will smile back at you :)