I will start at the end - this is where Jim and I conceeded defeat. The hole beat us down - got the better of us - and yes, we both had to admit, we just can't do it. So the call has been made, to the local contractor working on our friend's house (Hi A.! ) We started Saturday am with renting a desodder - and spent the rest of Sat and Sunday hauling, moving and replacing sod. You see - turfing it up for the pool wasn't enough for us! Noooo - Jim decided while we had such nice pieces we might as well take the opportunity to replace some of the horrible bare spots in our yard, and around the patio. I swear if I see one more piece of sod, I may scream. Christopher was allowed to drive the tractor to help pull Daddy's make shift "trailer" - aka sledding saucer - to help move the sod. This of course, with Mom walking right next to the tractor. Thought he was a big man though! After moving all the sod, today started the attempt to dig out the hole to level it for the pool. 8 hours later, this is all that was finished - and both of us were beat down. Jim was running the tiller to loosen the dirt, and I was shovelin' and haulin' (which also was another aha moment - if we had all this great top soil- let's schlep it to the front yard to fill in the thatch spots so we can reseed - yet another step to the process) We have both had it. We are calling in the troops! Woohooo!
We did find time to have some fun! I wish there was more photo space here for sharing. After all that yard work - I grilled for the family Saturday night, and wound up (long story) getting together with a old old old friend! Haven't seen this gal in nearly 25 years! Believe it or not! We were best friends as children, as our families were friends. Lost touch when my parent's split up. It was like time has never passed. Quite an incredible experience, and we can garuntee that time and distance will not keep us apart now.Sunday nite - we had our best friends over for dinner and smores. Kaite's face pretty much sums that up! We always have a nice relaxing fun time with the Gorman's. We have literally been friends as long as Jim and I have been together. Seemed to be a weekend with good old friends. Monday nite - after I threw my hands in the air and conceeded defeat to tho hole - I did manage to take the kids to see Over the Hedge. Cute. Not as funny as the comic strip - but good. The kids liked it - no adult humor but lots of pop culture references in all the right places. Made me laugh out loud a few times. So that is it - our weekend, part work part play - as usual - too much packed into too few days.
This is Me, Sherry, and my sister. We were friends when we were Kaite's age. It is indescribable how incredible it was to see her, and eventually the rest of her family later than night.
Christopher on the tractor. He is getting way too big way too fast!
Last but not least, my worker bee. Gotta love a man who isn't afraid of a bit of hard work. Chris and Kaite said he looked like a pharoah when he but the cloth under his hat. No pictures of grundgy sweaty me working .....I think Kaite managed to get one, but of course I am the web master so it will never be seen here!! Bwahahahahaa!!!
1 comment:
As a new pool owner I suppose you didn't give thought to how large that leaf bearing pool dirtying tree is going to get. Sorry yourt working so hard , but it looks like your building quite the backyard paradise. Just don't forget to reap the rewards soemday.
Post a Comment