



sorry - the pictures are way out of order! NO deep thoughts in this weekends post!
What can I say but - wheew!! We packed a lot into this weekend. These are only highlights! There was much more!
Saturday was the first one in forever that Jim was able to hang with us for all of the kid's "stuff". So his wonderful suggestion was to start the day with breakfast at Cracker Barrel. We haven't been out for breakfast since Shady maple over a year ago! This is possibly the only thing that could get the kids out of this house before 8 am in the morning! Kaite got her beloved pancakes. Chris of course had , what else? Cereal. Yup. All the way to Cracker Barrel for cereal. But he did steal one of Daddy's pancakes. I think they go just for the real maple syrup. Kaite begs to buy some for home, but for as quickly as we go through syrup around here I can't spend $8 a bottle!
Then off to the bowling tournament we went! Both of the kids did great. We won't find out if they placed high enough for scholarship awards for a few weeks yet. Kaite had a panick moment when she realized that she and Chris were 16 lanes apart. But thankfully Jim was with us, so I didn't have to run back and forth between the two lanes. We swapped every game or so. Boy did I realize there are some die hard kids and families out there! Those 'intense' parents are not just on the soccer fields. There was a little boy maybe 7 or so...toweled off his ball every time it came out of the return. Had a seperate spare ball and all. This was our first year, I am so proud that they both made the finals - with borrowed and lane balls. But as you can see, we did make a stop on the way home. Jim was with us, so of course, we came home with brand new balls, bags on wheels (suddenly after Jim was the one carrying that bag in and out of the alley!), powder bags and towels. (He will be working next saturday by the way!) Man - we are set now!! Chris picked one that looked like fire..way cool...even got to watch the man drill it out. His biggest thrill was the size of the drill bits on that press! Kaite picked a cool turquoise and purple one after we talked her out of the $125 one she wanted. That's my girl!
After dropping Kaite at my sister's for Jess's birthday make up party, I headed off for some retail and horticulture therapy all on one! One of my favorite things to do - shop in the nursery! Came home, planted some pots and a few new perennials in the garden. Gotta love digging in the dirt! Jim painted out the circle for the 'imaginary' pool in the yard. The picture of Zoey shows what happens when Jim forgets to check where the dog is before he tested the spray paint can. I don't know if it is obvious but she is splattered across her face, and down her right side and back. Thankfully he at least took a minute to check and make sure there were no kids near by!
When Kaite and I treated ourselves to pedicures with the Mary Kay pedicure set I bought yesterday. We sat on the edge of the tub and "fizzied" our feet, "masked" our feet and made them soft and cute. Painted our nails today.
Then we watched Dr Doolittle 3 - very cute movie by the way!
Today church - met our new neighbors, very nice, Kaite already hung out with the oldest daughter - and then we were invited to dinner by some friends that Jim helped with some electric work. So free dinner! Woohooo!!!
Happy busy fun! It was tremendously terrific to spend the weekend together. Need to do that more often!
PS thanks to everyone that has told me how much they are enjoying the blog. I am having fun with it, and enjoying the journalling. Jim is even trying to keep up with reading it. I say it is his secret little look inside my head and way of thinking. (that could be scary!) It was kind of sweet to watch him read it today and smile, and laugh a little. Mission accomplished!
No comments:
Post a Comment