Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Better be fair



In the interest of being fair I also have to share a layout of Kaite-even though it is going to be weird I posted Chris' layout first but this one is going to appear first - anyhow..... this is the layout I completed of Kaite last week on Poker Night. I was just messing around with the camera one day - trying out different framing angles. I think I posted some of the pictures here already. I love how they really captured the real Kaite - not the silly cheesy smile Kaite that I usually get in pictures. She is so much more intense and serious than Chris is.
I used the lyrics of the song Unwritten for the layout.....I try to tell Kaite she is the master of her own future. It is unwritten, waiting for her to finish it. Pretty much - for all of us - no matter what we have been given, or to use my poker night theme - dealt in life. How we play the cards and end the hand is completely up to us. So I thought the words to the song suited the pictures very well. On the right side of the layout, I used some word stickers that I had to use on the layout, and described her personality now. Then at the bottom I put - "but what will you be?" No matter how well I know my children, I don't know what they will be. I know my hopes and dreams for them, but that is as far as I can take it. The rest is up to them. I can only hope that I have gotten them started out on the right way. At some point, I can't control it anymore. I think that may be the worst and most rewarding moment of my life - the day they take over and do it themselves. I am so not ready for it but I can't wait to read the rest of their story.
Ok that is a lot of thinking just to share a layout!

No comments: