Thursday, December 08, 2011

It’s not Play Doh

I often get fits of melancholy and lament my teenager’s childhood. I really do miss the crafting and Play Doh making we did so very often.

Enter : One Aunt Annie’s Pretzel Making Kit

 

DSC_6324-1

It may not be Play Doh……

But for half an hour……..

 

DSC_6326

We rolled, and shaped…..

DSC_6328

And soon, the creative juices started to flow…..

DSC_6325

DSC_6329

Started out with “traditional” pretzels, but there is very little “traditional” about my two……

DSC_6331DSC_6330

We quickly moved to faces, little people, X’s O’s and letters…..

DSC_6332DSC_6333

Even better buttered and covered with cinnamon sugar.

Maybe I will have to invest in a caseload of kits!

They have outgrown so many of the things we used to do, but it is fun discovering what we can still find to do that is fun!

2 comments:

Marlene said...

Those look delicious...and very original, too!

Home Girl (Marlene) said...

original is overrated...I love the unusual.

I also love pretzels in any form. I even make them from scratch.

Spending time with our kids, no matter the age is the greatest gift of all.