::::: wipes off the cobwebs :::::
:::: Peeks around the corner ::::::
:::: blows the dust off the calendar ::::
Flip
flip
flip
flip
flip
Well, would you look at that.
December 1, 2011 -
YES, 11.
Seems to have been awhile since I stopped by.
So, what brings me back you are asking yourself.
A wee little challenge presented by a friend, reminded me, that one, I DO have a blog, and I DO miss writing. So I have decided to combine her challenge with cracking the ol’ knuckles and getting back in the game.
I really liked her idea.
So I am going to do my best to do something special for someone for the next 31 days. I already have a few things up my sleeve.
Any of you that know me, know I consider myself very blessed, warts and all, and I try very hard to live in an attitude of gratitude and practice kindness. Been in an awful funk lately and thought this was the perfect way to draw myself out of it.
Because I am a quote whore..
The best way to cheer yourself up is to try to cheer somebody else up. ~Mark Twain
So, I am going to take Mr. Twain’s advice and cheer myself up by trying to cheer others up. I am also going to really try hard to get the kids involved. As they have evolved into these teenage creatures that now live on the couch in the front room, in front of their lap tops and texting, it seems that some of things that I have taught them are lost in there somewhere. So hopefully, this will help draw it out.
Today’s act of kindness……I am starting small. One has to work up to these things you know.
when I stopped for my latte this afternoon, I remembered that is has been quite awhile since I had bought my son his favorite donut. I picked one up, left it on the counter for after school, and you know what he says --
“Is that for me? “
“Yes, honey, it has your name on it”
“why?” .
“Just because”,
“cool”
Mission accomplished.
I also tortured my daughter, who has been having a bad day.
Remember this guy?
And here is the story of how and why he came to live with us.....
And it is no secret that K hates him. She thinks his eyes are creepy. So, while she was at work tonight, and I was unpacking the Christmas stuff, because I am a wonderful mother who would never torture her child I innocently placed him on a shelf I put him on her bed.
She was supposed to come home, go upstairs to change her clothes and find him. Mean? Sure!! But she would yell at me, throw him at me, and laugh. That was my goal. Problem was, she went on Facebook first! And evil me couldn’t help gloating about my little trick. We are laughing about it though, so it’s all good.
In looking over the last few years of Decembers while looking for Duncan Bob’s post, I discovered a general theme of melancholy with me this time of year. Funny, each year I seem to have amnesia of last year, and feel as though this is a whole new feeling. Seems the last few years have been stressful. I honestly usually deal much better than this….have to remedy that. So THANKS AUDS! I am hoping your challenge will do the trick!
3 comments:
Love it! Welcome back to blogging! Hope to see more. :)
What a great blog post!!!! Best line: "because I am a quote whore..."
You got my serious love and devotion with that one....
Oh, this is Home GIrl from www.intheheartofhappy.com, just using my google account to comment because I am too lazy to figure out how to link wordpress blogs into blogspot.
Welcome back and let's make this a habit. I loved your writing so much. It helped to cheer me up.
Seriously...good read.
Welcome back my beautiful friend!
And hey, I think "Chris" our own Elf on the Shelf is pretty creeptastic but Gaby loves the little skeeve! It's like his eyes follow you everywhere.
I am so glad you're back. I love this post!
Post a Comment