Thursday, December 15, 2011

Reason #2817…..

Reason #2817 why I love my kids….

They do things like this….

DSC_6357

Reason #1962 is his continued obsession with anything Big Bang and THAT shirt.

Obsessed with all things peppermint, once the Christmas season starts…..

He has been asking for two weeks when we are going to make peppermint bark. We give it to their bus driver, teachers, neighbors, etc…..and he eats a large percentage of it…..we have been making it for a few years now.

So I pour the dark chocolate and while it is cooling, I head upstairs to sort some clothes for the Purple Heart people to pick up on Monday….(even giving the “good stuff” but that is another post)

So I say, Hey dude, would you  mind unwrapping those candy canes and smashing them up for me??

This is typically done, with my rolling pin in a baggie.

So – I am upstairs hearing what sounds like, him shooting things against the wall. I was trying to figure out if he had gotten one of his air soft guns or something…..

so I call down, and ask what he is up to……

He says,

“Throwing the bag against the wall! It works great!”

Hey, when I was his age, I owned a jacket pin that said, “why be normal?” – so why am I surprised?

 

DSC_6358

Then, he came up and showed me that he discovered that he could hacky sack it!

 

DSC_6359

And what do you know? Perfectly smashed candy canes!

And you have to love a kid that remembers to double bag in case he gets a hole!

1 comment:

Home Girl (Marlene) said...

That's awesome. I love it when people think outside the box!

Now, I want some bark. I bet it would make my hand feel better.