There has been so much awesomeness around here lately.
Also a lot of the good kind of stress, but stress nontheless.
We did manage to get out to the small zoo
near us a few weeks ago and got some nice pictures.
This one of C. Love it. Dorky smirk and all. Don't get many of him anymore.
He is so quiet. A boy of few words.
Where in our world of a loud active dominating
sister he can get lost in the shuffle.
So proud of him - starting Jr High, settling in.
Made honor roll even with a D in reading - which as conferences tonight
we will find out why and rectify the situation.
So next quarter maybe high honors!
he got his braces back on last week too. Have to get a picture.
Second phase.
Another $4000!
And just in time for saving money on ins. benefits...so hopefully we won't even notice the change.
Now neither will be feel some relief from our ins. savings til the braces or done, but
at least we won't be trying to find an extra $300 every month!
But I think he is worth it!
And for once, there is a lot of stuff going on on the grown up side of things too!
For the first time in years, both of us are starting new jobs. New
schedules, new routines. Throws things into a tizzy for awhile.
Praying my choices are the right ones for me.
But what we are trying to remember is gratitude that in this
economy, I have two jobs and J just a new job and promotion.
We will be saving money in healthcare, and have a flex plan to help
with other healthcare expenses.
True honest to God blessings.
Trying to hold onto ourselves in the process. A lot less alone time together the
past few weeks, which makes us a bit grouchy, but as things settle, we
should get back to that.
We are going to celebrate at Emeril's again next weekend.
J thinks that is the most awesome part of the deal!
And this one keeps challenging us in her teenage girl ways.
Huge , let's just say "debate" over hair color last week.
This is the "compromise" between an entire head of blond hair and leaving it natural.
No matter how I could try there was no convincing her that going to WalMart and dumping
a bottle of blond dye on her dark hair was not going to illicit blond hair. What do I know?
I was the Sun-In generation! Believe me I know what happens to brunettes when you try to
dye them blond. Orange! So we did compromise on splitting the cost of these zebra type highlights, and gave her the "funky" different look she wanted.
I remember this age well, although I tended to mess with my clothes more than my hair, but then again I didn't have the options in the 80's that the kids have now.
To me it is only hair color.
There are bigger things to argue about, but there is no way I could comply with a whole head of blond. I held her hand when she cried after cutting it all off last year.
I am so glad she felt my permission was important. Glad she did chose to talk it over with me.
And just when I relaxed and thought that crisis was averted and I could sit back and relax for a bit, the word thong underwear came up a few days later.
It never ends.
So happy though that she finally has a group of friends, she is concerned with her appearance and seems to be feeling better about herself. Things that have been so fragile in our world over the years.
Wish I could say her grades were top priority, but we are working on that as well.
Praying some day I will look back at this time and laugh at my frustration.
That is yet to be determined!
As a parent, you want so much for your kids, and to constantly hear that you have a bright kid who is a joy in class, but continues to not live up to her potential, is so maddening.
But there are some choices she is starting to make for herself. We stress responsibility accountability and being in control of your own destiny.
I want the world for her. I know she has big dreams.
But no matter how I tell her, she has no realization that her choices now can change all that.
There is only so much I can control.
And I have to come to peace with the thought that no matter how it pans out in her adult life,
she will be ok. I have to believe that and trust that.
I know she has the capability to make an impact on the world if she choses to, but I can't force her to.
So even in these battles and ensuing frustration there are blessings.
so trying hard to keep those close to my heart.
"Last day"
Yup. Took some pictures.
18 + years.
Some butterflies but excitement as well.
This is a huge step.
J does not "do" change very well.
He prefers the comfortable and familiar.
One reason I can pretty much say our marriage is safe!
No more oily hoodie.
Collared shirts only.
I am having a tough time imagining it.
And as soon as an appropriate amount of time
has passed so I am not weirdo stalking wife with camera
I will stop in his office and get a picture of him at his desk.
So proud o fall he has accomplished with only
a highschool diploma and a lot of smarts!
No comments:
Post a Comment