Family Circle Magazine which I am loyal subscriber described this suit "for the bikini girl at heart who needs a bit more coverage, a ruffle around the hips does the trick." -
Seriously.
I can really honestly see how that ruffle makes all the difference.
Not.
And the folks that need a "bit more coverage" do not belong in a bikini. I am all for being proud of you body, but trying to convince someone that this little ruffle is going to hide any of their indisgression is just a joke. These are the same people who will convince themselves because the magazine told them so that that loud busy pattern they splashed all over their huge butt is going to totally distract the eye from the fact that they are overwieght and wearing a bathing suit.
So I had to go to the JCPenney, where the magazine so kindly told I could find the suit and I found this one. This might cover a *tad* more than the pink one, if you are "needing a bit more coverage" -
I am honestly sorry, if "need a bit more coverage" I won't be looking at a bikini.
So I of course had to try to make a joke out of this and now post pictures of more plus size folks, whom I can poke fun at since I am a woman who "needs a bit more covereage" -
but would you believe on JCPenney even when you click on the Plus link, you only see the suits on average women. I went to Fashion Bug , one of my favorite places to find plus sizes (Which I will happily say 25 lbs down and I no longer fit the plus sizes) - and there also NO MODELS wearing plus sizes.
A message?

I had to go all the way to Lane Bryant to find a real person wearing a plus size suit. To their credit they do only cater to the plus size woman while the other two sites also have Jr and Miss sizes.
I do believe this one may provide a *tad* more coverage to someone who may need it.
I am all for being proud of your body as is. But I am also all for accepting the fact that there are just some things that other folks on the beach do not need to see.
I do believe this one may provide a *tad* more coverage to someone who may need it.
I am all for being proud of your body as is. But I am also all for accepting the fact that there are just some things that other folks on the beach do not need to see.
No comments:
Post a Comment