Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Betcha didn't know.....


One of my favorite bloggers in the world, Barking Mad ,Audrey is having a little give away on her blog.
I have no idea why I am going to enter to win, but here I am.
Her challenge was to come and tell you all something about me that you may not know. And when I tell you, you will wonder why I am entering to win a Twilight gift pack (Just keep in mind my 14 year old daughter and tons of friends with whom I could share the books.)
because you see - what I have to tell you is this....
I have a totally unfounded unrealistic unnatural fear of vampires.
I am talking even in the sweltering heat of summer have not slept without a sheet pulled all the way up to my neck fear. I am a bit better about being a tad uncovered when the windows are closed.
I have broken into a cold sweat just opening Salem's Lot or even thinking of watching Lost Boys.
I just can not do it.
My skin crawls just to think about it. Even though someone did tell me Twilight vampires do not feast on humans and it is a love story, I just can not do it.
You would think by my age I would have out grown it.
My rational brain knows there is no such thing. The irrational part of my brain that was exposed to something as a child that triggered this fear, says otherwise. I don't remember any such event but I am sure I am repressing that memory.
So there you have it. My deepest darkest secret - well not really but that is as far as y'all are going to get -
This vampire-phobe is going to try to win the contest!
What am I nuts?

3 comments:

Marlene said...

You ARE nuts...lol....but I don't blame you a bit. That's an awesome prize package! My young'un wants to enter this contest, too. HECK, she's trying to talk me into going to WallyWorld with her at 12:05 a.m. on Friday to pick up a copy of this DVD!!!! She's NUTS.

E said...

Too funny! Do the Cullen family make you feel less nervous since they're "vegetarian" vampires??

Sweet Caroline said...

I bet something happened at Halloween when you were a child: Maybe some Vampire came up and said, "I Vant to Suck Yo Blood."

Yeah, that would terrify me, too.

They are just creepy. I understand.