Wednesday, March 04, 2009

Back home...


Just a quick note today.
Zoey is home.
She was a bit stressed when I got her home - grinding her teeth, constant licking her mouth, and throwing off MAJOR hair....
but she settled, and is now in her favorite sunbeam.
So far so good without a cone - although I have had to scold her to stop fussing at her staples once or twice. I think I may get one for tomorrow when I have to be away all day. I don't trust her.
She is not allowed to do more than go out on the leash to pee/poo for two weeks....then gradually increase her activity on.the.leash. She is not allowed off leash to play until at least 6 weeks, gradually adding short short short walks on the leash and upping the time from there.


In other news - yes, this would be my cell phone.
In 20 years of owning a cell phone I have never barely damaged one. Never gotten one wet, and only misplaced it to the point of needing to search once.
But when I do it, I do it right.
I never ever never ever put my cell in my pants pockets. It just doesn't work for me. But J and I are beginning to venture out to places like the grocery store without the kids. We were together so I didn't need my purse, so I popped my cell in my back pocket just in case the kids needed me, and didn't call j's phone.
Well - anyone that knows me knows I usually change into "comfy clothes" as soon as I get in from anywhere. True to form I changed on sunday and forgot about my cell.
Did laundry Monday morning. even forgot to close the washer lid when the load was filling, so the clothes sat in there for a while....
wasn't til I heard something thumping in the dryer - and I went to check did I realize my faux pas!
I did everything you are supposed to do, it has been drying since. 48 hours now.....thankfully K had gotten a phone from my niece and we had her other one inactive here at home. I got my number switched to it. Yesterday was like driving someone else's car! None of my work numbers were in it, I did not know the features, didn't recognize the ringtones.....I am scared to turn mine back on. I don't think I will be keeping K's but since I am not even eligible for an early upgrade I will pay full price for anything I buy. Zoey's surgery = no new phone for me.
So maybe pray mine works!


1 comment:

Heather said...

She looks so glad to be home!