There's nothing sadder in this world than to awake Christmas morning and not be a child."
~ Erma Bombeck (1927-1996), American author and humorist.
Sometimes it would be so nice to have to spirit of a child again. Instead of seeing the Christmas holiday as a "to do" list - to be able to again just see the magic and glitter of the season. I normally find a lot of joy in my Christmas preparations, it has been a bit tougher this year.
So I am trying to enjoy it more. It seems harder without the excitement of little ones around the house. As the kid's get older they "take it all in stride' a but more I think. Not as much outward excitement about the holiday.
This picture was some snow we got the other day. This is my fence at my side garden by the garage.
~ Erma Bombeck (1927-1996), American author and humorist.
Sometimes it would be so nice to have to spirit of a child again. Instead of seeing the Christmas holiday as a "to do" list - to be able to again just see the magic and glitter of the season. I normally find a lot of joy in my Christmas preparations, it has been a bit tougher this year.
So I am trying to enjoy it more. It seems harder without the excitement of little ones around the house. As the kid's get older they "take it all in stride' a but more I think. Not as much outward excitement about the holiday.
This picture was some snow we got the other day. This is my fence at my side garden by the garage.
And this is MY snowman tree. Yes I said MY. As in , mine. Mom's rarely get that. But one year, my grandmother gave us a small tree she didn't want any more, and since our family tree is in the family room and can't be seen in the front of the house, I wanted a tree to put in the front window. So I put this small one on a chest there. I chose to decorate it with snowman decorations to go with the other snowman I decorate with. The family tree is covered with the kid's yearly ornaments and crafts. This one is full of things I have chose, and make me happy. I put berries around the tree, and a stuffed snowman on the top. This year C helped me put it up and decorate it, so it is a bit ornament heavy in the front, but still beautiful.
No comments:
Post a Comment