Friday, December 05, 2008

More Christmas


Got everything but the tree done yesterday! Woohoo!
I am trying this year to document my keepsake decorations.
These carolers are ceramic that my great-grandmother made , gosh, most likely over 40 years ago. She made a lot of different things that are dispersed among the family. I got these. I cherish them.

Putting the nativity out yesterday grounded me like it usually does. This is what it is about. This set is our first set as a couple. From Home Interior I believe. I *covet* the Willow Tree set, but am not sure I could part with these even if I got a new one. Baby Jesus's arm has been glued back on twice. This one has history.

This is the baker's rack in teh kitchen. Usually holds chachke's and kid's art projects etc...for Christmas is hold's a few of my snowman collection and art etc....we have never mad ea huge deal out of Santa in our home. He visits, he is a fun part of our holiday but I have never decorated with the character. I chose Snowmen. They are far cuter and can stay up into the new year.

The rack holds some of the kids Christmas crafts from school every year, and even some of my own crafts, this recipe book we made at a cookie swap a few years ago.

This set was made by an elder in our first church. We won the carolers at a silent auction one year at a craft fair. They are made out of fabric and glue, and I have been told soda bottles. Again we got these , geesg , 15 years ago most likely. They are just a part of the decorations. Since Wayne is no longer with us, they are even more valuable to us.

Get the outside wreaths up this weekend, and the tree done. We are making our gingerbread houses sunday. I got myself a gingerbread tree this year to accent the kid's houses. The spirit is slowly creeping into my heart.

No comments: