Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Love your blog

I was tagged again. For a good reason! Although, I say with all humbleness I am not sure why anyone that is not related to me really likes to read my blog. What started as a way for me to journal our daily life, much easier for me than handwriting on paper which never seems to last more than a day or two - what is it about a picture, and all blog posts need pictures, that just makes the words flow? - anyway...my blog has grown more than I ever expected. I have always promised to keep it real, honest and hopefully fun...it still for me, although as I learn of more and more people that read it, I have to stop myself from "writing for an audience" - so that being said, I will share 6 blogs that I read nearly daily....and there is usually a few requirements...they either have to entertain me in some way....connect to me in some way.....and be honest. I am nto a fan of "little miss perfect on look at my perfect kids and perfect life and oh so perfect world" type blogs. I gravitate to good writing. Funny stories. faith. Honesty. Maybe you'll find a new one to add to your daily reading list. Mine is WAY too long, but much more inspiring than the morning paper, where I should be expanding my horizons, but hey - I've long ago given up trying to solve the problems of the world! Narrowing it down is going to be hard.
First up - Miss Marloony. Who tagged me first. Love love love this girl. A Canadian transplant with the best sense of humor and out look on life that I love! Marlene is a ton of fun and I am so glad the world of scrapbooking allowed me to meet her and become her friend.
2. I am going to cheat too and share something I have already shared in previous entires...I love Pioneer Woman.....her humor, her photographs, her stories...she is a very talented woman, and I just enjoy her writing immensely.
3. Next up is Angie. I am not even sure any more how I ever linked up to this blog. I tend to read and follow links from other blogs that I read. This family has endured one of the most gut wrenching of all human experiences, losing a child. But not only losing a child but knowing for entire last half of her preganancy that she was going to be losing that child. The story of faith, and the raw honesty that she shares has had me coming back. She is not a "christian from birth" Christian and share honestly about her path, thoughts and faith. I really love that. I share my faith here, but not nearly as I probably should. I really admore Angie, not only her strength to come through such a tragedy with faith and grace, but also her strength to share it.
4. is Leslie - I think that is her name anyway...another one I linked from somewhere else....she may go against my "not to perfect" rule. She has beautiful children, is crafty, knits,etc...but she is cute and sweet, and bakes and is humble about it and shares it in a way that I really enjoy. She speaks to my "inner Martha" and I love her cookie recipes. I want to knit like her too!
5. Next is Jill - she is a romance writer. Yes - I said romance writer. I also linked to her from somewhere else, and was immediately taken with her humor and style of writing. She again is entertaining, close to my age, raising kids, and writing about it...I also love to read blogs from people who do not live where I live, and her stories of her home, the lake and animals is fabulous! She is funny...could easily write humor as well as romance.
This is getting hard without inundating you with links to scrapbooking sites, or personal friends who I am not sure share their addresses with too many other folks, and since I am no longer absolutely sure who reads this, I don't feel comfortable sharing their sites....
6. Last but not least is Cathy. I lovingly refer to her, as "me on the west coast" - I very often find myself saying, "yeah me too" when I read her blog. Her children are about the same age as mine. She is honest about her faith, doing things with it I only wish I could ever do, and honest about her parenting and feelings.
Pretty much I guess you could say there is a little piece of me in each of these people, and what they write about, but also a little piece of what I would like to be in each of them. Probably what keeps bringing me back to them to read every day.

2 comments:

Just Me said...

Awww.... *sniff*.

Thanks for the kind words!!! I wasn't expecting a tag-back, but I won't reject it, either! ;)

I do love your blog... you do keep it real! Now I'm off to check out the others you've linked.

Cathy said...

Andi! I've always wanted to be able to find your blog and now I have! I'm so humbled by your kinds words and honored to have made your list.

Smooch you, east coast me! =)