Lookie lookie what visited my "plant that I can't remember the name of" this morning!
A hummingbird!
I am so glad I wasn't upstairs cleaning like I should have been or I would have missed it! Teeheee...
My camera is awesome! Sony - not top of the line, not SLR, I don't mess with the setting cause frankly when I want to quickly catch a hummingbird that may take off any second, or a shot of the kids, I don't have the time or patience to start playing with settings. This one takes really nice shots, never with flash, just set in auto.....This is taken in zoom, through the screen and window and it even caught the wing blur. The only thing I really want to learn, and it only takes getting out the booklet and reading, is how to change the white balance setting. I'll get there.
I was out weeding at 8 am this morning...since C's bus now comes at 8:15 rather than the 8:30 it was coming for YEARS now...as we were all advised of NO change...just all of us racing out the door the last two days til one of us asked yesterday and were shocked to learn the schedule has changed without notice to us! Oy. The problem is C usually rarely makes it out the door by 8:30 , so he has to get up earlier which means I have to get up earlier...so I decided to just stay up after K leaves, and make the most of it.So I was weeding at 8 am! Plus it is cooler than noon!
Now I will go away and feel like a failure of a parent cause I did not give my kids a $12,000 first birthday party like the lady on Racheal Ray is discussing. Apparently "we could afford it and didn't have to take out a loan, so why not?"
Dear lord. What the heck is this world coming to? and why are we surprised when these kids are spoiled and uncontrollable as teenagers?
1 comment:
Great pics! Are those yellow birds for real?! I can't say I've ever seen any like that. Cool!!!
Oh...and on the ridiculous amounts of $$$ spent on kids' birthday parties these days....I feel your pain. Think the "entitlement" mentality is getting worse in today's society? I certainly do!
Post a Comment