Seems we can never have a dull moment in our world.
(Neena if these are going to upset you, stop reading now.)
This is going to be brief since I am not sure how long I can sit here....
And yes - if you are keeping count - this is our other car. The one NOT stuck in Va.
Seems yesterday - on our way to the pediatrician after school, we were rear-ended by a tow truck. I stopped for a flag man at some road construction, looked in my rearview mirror and saw the truck barreling down on us. Had time to say "he isn't going to stop" to the kids, and didn't even get a chance to tell them to hold on. 45 mph, at least that was the speed limit, if you ask me it was faster, and no skid marks. The cops figure he had 300 ft from the time he saw me to stop and couldn't do it.
Thankfully, just some muscle/whiplash/seatbelt soreness and abrasion and we are all ok. Working through some panic and anger today. Thanking the good Lord above that C who was in the back seat, inches in front of that crumpled mess, is fine. There were certainly angels among us during all of this , there had to be. I turned around to see my son screaming my name, covered in glass, yet we all walked out of it....I am having a hard time getting the movie reel out of my head, and haven't slept much in the last 24 hours....crap - I just realized, exactly 24 hours ago according to the police report......


Serious though, I am giving praise where praise is due and trying not to let the anger and fear take hold. It could have been much much worse. last night as I try going to sleep, I totally realized, in that split second that truck could have changed our lives forever. That is how quick it can happen - one second riding along happily talking about school, and the activities of the evening, the next screaming and crying. I have been pretty dazed all day today - could be the combination of lack of sleep and codeine. I am certainly relearning the "dont' sweat the small stuff lesson" as moments before this I was fretting about being late for our appt, because we had been behind a school bus.

This is where C was sitting. The back windshield exploded, there was actually a big piece of it on the OUTSIDE of the front windshield, that is how far it flew.....we are still finding glass all over the place and he was still shaking it out of his pants in the ER.

But look at this - the butterfly sticker from the back windshield....intact - many people believe that angels often present themselves on earth as winged creatures, either butterflies or dragon flies....this was laying face up on the back seat.....J. brought it home for me, thought I might like to scrap it. Gotta love that man.
Please I know more than family reads my blog now, and I just ask you if you are a praying person, thank God for me, I figure the more we send up the better. We are safe. Sore but safe. The kids seem to be bouncing back faster than me. The ER doc was right 24 hours, and I am worse than yesterday and worse than this morning....but I will heal. I am not sure when I will be ready to be in the driver seat of a car again....but I may not have a choice there.
Hug your family today. Enjoy every breath you take. You just never know.
6 comments:
oh, Andi-I haven't been to your blog in ages, and now I finally get here and--oh, I can't imagine all that you are feeling! I am grateful that you were all spared serious injury-God is so, so, so Good!! Let me know if you need anything.
OMG Andi. Im soo glad to hear that you and the kids walked away from that without serious injury. I will keep you and your family in my prayers for a speedy recovery and to say thanks for keeping you all safe.
Beth
Gosh, Andi....I'm so sorry you guys experienced this. How frightening.
Yes, it could have been so much worse....and you have much to be thankful for....but still....it would have been nice if that tow truck driver had been more attentive as this accident was totally preventable.
I'll say a little prayer for you guys tonight. Please let me know if there is anything I can help you with. I'm home most days, you know.
Wow! So glad to hear that you all are ok. They always say that after you've been in an accident, you'll hurt in places you didn't you had! Will say a little prayer that everyone made it through ok and to keep it that way!
Shirley
How scary! I am so glad you are all ok and walked away. Take the weekend to rest and let you body heal.
Yes, it will take awhile before you feel comfortable in a car again (behind the wheel or as a passenger). I still have issues and replay the accident and mine's been over a year.
You are strong and can put this past you. Your guardian angels were watching over you at just the right moment. {{{hugs}}}
I LOVE YOUR BLOG.
You've been tagged. Again. This time for another purpose!
Post a Comment