Apparently, I needed one of these and didn't even know it!
A few months ago - I got the inclination to get my expresso machine out and start making more of my mochas at home again. I had given up about a year ago, it just wasn't making a good cup, and resorted to just regular ol' jo every morning, which I am getting quite fond of. When I started to use it again, it was evident that it was not working any better than I remembered, and I went and accidently broke the little pot that goes with it. Oh well, I thought, I'll just stick to coffee. Well - I had noticed J's eBay habit increasing and increasing, and had walked in on him again and again, looking at expresso machines. "I don't need one" I explicitly remember saying, "We can't afford it", I say another day. Falling on deaf ears I can tell.
So - a huge box arrives right before we leave for Wellsboro. I knew what was in it, but ignored it. When we got back, by Monday night this was on my counter. "look at your birthday present", I hear - ::::evil eye from me::::: 'Gee, thanks'. "Ok, then - my father's day present" - now that is more like it, since I am sure this is more for him, than me since I told him not to get it.
God bless the man. I had to step back and realize, in his way, this is his way of telling me he loves me...to go totally against what I told him and get me something he knows I secretly would love but won't get myself. I had to make myself stop and appreciate the gesture and love him for it. So I let him excitedly show me all the features, a water tank...grinds it's own beans...makes hot water, coffee and expresso...one cup or two at a time..adjust the strength of the coffee.....instantly.....J is if nothing else the consumate gadget man. The more things something does, the cooler it is. And getting it at less than retail off of eBay for him is the ulimate pleasure! Make mochas for everyone you know - he says.
I am very chosey about my coffee, and finally got the beans I like this week - and I will have to admit the thing makes a darn good cup of coffee, and more foam in a cup of milk that ever. I can make one cup at a time, which is nice since I am the only one that drinks it in the morning, use my own beans, not premade pods.
Everytime I sit down to my cup o' jo, especially like last night when I made him a coffee and myself a mocha latte, and we enjoyed them outside on the swing *sigh*, I can smile and know my husband loves me and does want to please me. I just have to remember to look for it sometimes. (Secretly I think he is hoping this keeps me away from Starbucks on a daily basis!)
Anyone want to come over for coffee?
1 comment:
I hate coffee....but that gadget sure does look cool!!! (He has good taste in color, too!)
Post a Comment