

Couldn't think of one darn clever thing to title this post. So - untitled suits.
Been an interesting weekend.
Saturday I saw this beautiful creature dance down the sidewalk.... yup - dance. I glanced up and caught him. (he and his friends were washing their bikes - so he got out the umbrella and put his suit on)
God I love my children.
I can always count on them for an unexpected laugh or just a smile.
I found a quote this weekend that I must use on a layout of K. Something like - "If you are in need of a smile, I can give you one of mine." Ever since the orthodontist told her, she "has one big smile" the thought has never left me.
Anyway - needed the smiles this weekend. Seems I have diverticulitis. An older person's disease. One of the lucky few that get it under the age of 60. yup - an actual disease. This flare up will go away, hopefully, without surgery, but this is really the first "disease" that I will have, forever. To say it kicked my butt is an understatement. Pain. Pain. Pain. Had my first experience with the use of the word "stat" by my name. Funny how it is a word in my profession I have heard millions of times, but when used with your own name takes on a whole new context. Those of you that know me well, know I do not to "rest" very well. I am a mover, doer, taker -care- of -er. J. knew I was sick when I had no problem at all sitting. I am not sure he really knows what to do. It is a line he walks. He knows I don't like to be doted on, but do like a bit of pampering and extra affection. He is never quite sure what to do or say.
Feeling better every day. Shocked the doctor by not winding up in the ER over the weekend. Saw him Friday and apparently he figured I would be there before he could follow up with me Monday. Ha! He doesn't know who he is dealing with here!
This is a wake up call though. I need to take better care of myself. A healthy diet will help ensure that this will not flare up again. It did make me realize very quickly, I need to take better care of me. I can't take care of everyone else if I am sick. I don't scare easy - this scared me. Just a little nudge from the man in charge. A few extra prayers wouldn't hurt. But God also gave me my family, children and good friends to cheer me up when I need it. For that I say Thank you!
3 comments:
you know my mom always said " don't talk so dumb or something like that will happen" . . referring to your 9/6 post!
seriously . . .glad to hear you are feeling better . . .and hey . . it's okay to be taken care of every once in a while . . .enjoy it!
hope you are feeling 100% by cfac!
Andi,
Sure hope you are feeling better soon. If momma's not happy, ain't nobody happy!!
Now I know 5 people under 50 with this stuff. Bad thing is allot of the healthy stuff is not good for the disease.
Post a Comment