Sunday, October 24, 2010

A-mazing…..

PA100783  PA100795

PA100793

Circa October 2004

 

‎"Know what's weird? Day by day, nothing seems to change. But pretty soon, everything's different.”
~
Bill Watterson

DSC_2654 DSC_2668

 You dare to blink, and this happens……..

DSC_2669

When I think of how many things are SO different, physically and emotionally from these two stages in our life……what we have dealt with in the last 6 years…..wow.

And we are here. Still. Going along. Changing without really feeling it until we look back.

Melancholy is not a bad feeling.  Most of us feel melancholy because we are remembering a happy time, recounting fond memories that bring us joy. As long as you don’t get bogged down there, a tad bit of melancholy can be good for the soul at times. It seems funny to me at times, when we recount certain memories, we don’t recall the same feeling that day, that the memory now evokes. So sometimes, old memories can be new again! And, things that seemed so overwhelming years ago, pale in comparison now. I can remember so many days, say in 2004, that I thought were challenging and “couldn’t wait” until the kids were older, so I wouldn’t have this or that stress. Now, those stresses are laughable and I would give anything to be there again! And then again, days when I thoroughly enjoy where the kids are now, and the relationship we have.

Time and maturity – proof that everything, even those that already happen, can still be evolving. Memories change with our maturity and perspective on life.

Life truly is all about change.

1 comment:

Marlene said...

Holy canoodles!! BOTH your kids are taller than I am!!!!